The Inter-American Cement Federation represents the majority of the cement manufacturers, institutes and associations in Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain and Portugal. FICEM is active in sharing and strengthening issues on the global cement agenda among its members: climate protection, energy efficiency, substitution of fossil fuels and good industrial health and security practices.
Also, FICEM promotes the use of cement- and concrete-based construction systems, the Federation consolidates good practices associated to CSR models and environment-friendly technologies, driving progress and welfare for the communities where its member companies operate.
To enhance the strength of our members for driving regional development.
To encourage the exchange of experiences and promote initiatives to drive the sustainable development of the cement industry.
- To promote the sustainable development of the industry and the region
- To promote good competition practices
- To strengthen our representation before multilateral organisms, authorities and the society
- To generate and share knowledge and experiences with our members and similar organizations
- To promote the advantages of cement-based construction systems